Tuesday, July 17, 2012

arry potta!?

This weekend was exhausting....but oh so much fun. The program took us down to Orlando for two days of educational learning and play! But last weekend was much more than I anticipated, let me tell you....

The drive to Orlando is about 2.5 hours, and I was already tired, so I fell asleep in the car pretty quickly. However, about 1.5 hours into the trip, we soon found our car on the side of the road. It was shaking and not sounding good at all. :( I called a few people, and four cars turned around to come help us out. We are SO thankful for all of them and their willingness to stop & wait while we tried to figure out what was going on and who to put in what car! Also, another HUGE blessing was that a State Farm truck was right behind us and was able to suggest numbers to call.

After waiting and finally remembering that I had AAA (hah. call them first next time!) and Joe Robb saving the day because Emily (the girl who was driving) and I were somewhat confused as to what to do next, we made it to the shop. Everyone was able to have a seat in one car or another, and we arrived in Orlando. Late, but safe!

Wycliffe Bible Translators was founded by William Townsend in 1942. They have held a great part in translating the Gospel and sending it out to the world. We were able to listen to speakers and learn how truly difficult it must be to try to communicate with someone when you have NO idea how their language works. How do you ask them what their word for God is?! Yikes.

Saturday evening we had Campus Time, where we were able to reconnect with our school groups and talk about what God has been doing this summer in our lives. I'm not near ready to think about leaving, but I am SO ready to see what God does this next school year on campus!

Sunday we were up bright and early to head into the city and go to Islands of Adventure at Universal!!! For all you un-educated or homeschooled folks out there (joking! ;)—this is where the one and only Wizarding World of Harry Potter is. Uhm. Yeah. That's a big deal right there.

of course, I was smart and left my camera in the car. (on purpose, but should have thought that through a bit more.)

but take my word for it, butterbeer is worth the $3.55. SO YUM IN MY TUM!

that's it for this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment