Friday, July 6, 2012

from amber waves of grain to shining sea | 'MERICA!

the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays, although I usually forget that until the end of June. I'm a patriot at heart and the history of this legendary country is one of my favorite stories. From the colonial days to the pioneers in covered wagons to the emancipation proclamation to sock hops, watercolored dreams of days before my time canvas my brain. Our Independence Day is just a very visual and loud reminder to me that our country still needs God as much as the rest of the world, and I pray that she succeeds another 200 years just as successfully!

This is probably my favorite 4th on record. I was unsure how I'd adjust to not spending it out at Merrill's on the farm with my favorite kiddos and friends, but I think this is my new favorite way to spend the day!

it started off by going to the beach:























and then down to saint augustine, the oldest city in the USA! what a perfect place to spend such a historic day, right? :)







we crashed a block party in the quaintest neighborhood to listen to a little local bluegrass band.














someday I'll have a front garden that looks like this:)







and of course, waiting for fireworks=cake, cardgames, and fellowship!

















what did you all do for the 4th of July? This weekend should be fun & packed of activities, hopefully I'll be able to blog next week again:)

No comments:

Post a Comment