You all are prooooobably wondering what this has to do with JAX! The lovely Carissa Gallo has a short writing that exemplifies my feelings about being in Florida with 180 other fantastic, wonderful people. I only have a month left and it's already making me want to cry. Not even going there yet! Anyhow, here are Carissa's words:
I love home so much—my home, the place I live, with my family, with my memories, with all the things that feel comfortable and, well, homey. And whenever I'm away from home, I miss that place. That home-place. Yet I have this terribly beautiful habit of making the away-place become a home. It's almost accidental. It's one of those habits that's subconscious, like playing with my hair when I'm nervous—when I realize I've done it, it's too late to pretend I haven't.
This is so true of what has happened in my insides this past month. I miss home, kind of. ;) But I am love love loving this place, these people. When Christ is at the center, there is usually an instant connection and people feel like family. Even though I'm living out of a suitcase, and sharing a room with four other girls, and unable to go to the bank, it's still home. And I really, truly, wish that this wouldn't end.
Other than already feeling homesick for JAX;) things have been crazy! Fast-paced like always—I've had 40+ hours of work a week, and so much learning going on that I have no clue when I'm going to process it all, if ever. Friday night we had the infamous "Thrift Store Prom" and it was a blast. Honestly the best dance party I've ever been to (and probably will be at.) My legs are still sore tonight (Sunday) if that give you an idea of how much fun was had!
[Edit: I was planning on writing more, but I never did. That shall happen most likely tomorrow (Wednesday) but as for now, goodnight!]
No comments:
Post a Comment