I had so many dreams of what this post would look like. It would be long and beautifully written and sooooo hilarious. (Sorry to break it to you, but my blog posts will not be hilarious. Ever. It's not a gift of mine!)
My day starts at 5:15 am (4:20 or so if I have overtime). I sometimes get crazy and press the snooze button. ;) but I eventually get out of bed, dress, have a quiet time, and eat breakfast. The staff provides cereal and other breakfast basics, of which you can have your pick. My ride leaves at 6:10-6:15 (or, again, an hour earlier for overtime) and we take a ride for 30 minutes through Jax.
Once at Coach, we go through security and sign in between 6:53-59. Work lasts until 4...we get two paid 15-minute breaks, and an unpaid hour lunch. Usually I work in PR (Package Removal) where we (guess what?!) remove packaging off of Coach "handbags." (note: not purses. handbags.) And wallets, and keychains, and duffels and such. Never shoes or clothing items though. Or any of the other crazy products produced for the overpriced materialistic items made in this company! I'm not complaining, because I have a job:) but it's crazy. Not sure who'd wear a Coach softball glove....hahaha. Or buy a dog collar from them! But hey, if you have the money...
Evenings are much more enjoyable, but sadly much shorter. I get back from work around 4:45 and have about 45 minutes until dinner. Usually a shower or cat nap or facebooking takes place. Then we have our evening activity:
Monday: 7-9:30ish— Rally! We kick off the week with worship, a skit by a few teams, and a new speaker on a message on the week's theme. A highlight of my week!
Tuesday: Free Night!
Wednesday: Workshop—go into more detail and application on what we learned on Monday/theme of the week & Bible study
Thursday: Bible Study night with the team
Friday: alternate weeks of Group Dates/Group Social
Saturday: morning is E-training, afternoon is beach evangelism! Free time in the evening.
Sunday: church, lunch, free afternoon & evening!
It's a crazy busy week. The days are long and full of yawns, but learning and joy and good conversations with new friends. This is the hardest thing I've done...but so so so worth it. I am learning copious amounts about myself and God and relating to others and just everything. Since there is hardly any time to process it, I can't really describe what I'm feeling right now. But just trust me—this is worth every penny and tear and minute.
So, thank you so much. To everyone who has prayed, given so I could come, sent letters (AH! I ran out of stamps but I will reply asap! Mom is sending stamps this week;) and inquired on how everything has been going.
[PostScript/Edit]
this tuesday, our team went to Christie Purifoy's home, where she and her husband Jon made us a most lovely dinner! Their children are adorable, their home straight out of Potter Barn, and their lifestyle super Kinfolk-y. Twas the most enjoyable evening in a while! She and her husband are just sweet, wonderfully people who love the Lord and are living it out. We had homemade grilled pizzas (uhh, amazing!) and salad with homemade vinaigrette. (white wine vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper, shallots, mmmm and maybe something else? so delish!) Top it off with a piece of homemade strawberry basil shortcake...so tasty.
And just for kicks and giggles, my gals & me on Amelia Island last weekend (minus Pey-Pey! She was back home in Nebraska for a wedding.)
loves!
No comments:
Post a Comment